PRIVACY NOTICE – SPEYSIDE GOLF FESTIVAL COMPETITORS
Background information and terms
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 takes effect from 25 May 2018 and governs how organisations use personal data. To comply with this and the new UK Act, we are required to give you this Privacy Notice.
SGWT Ltd manages the Speyside Golf Experience, organisers of the Speyside Golf Festival.
The Speyside Golf Experience on behalf of SGWT Ltd will be the “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us when booking your entry to the Speyside Golf Festival.
Competitor personal data:
When you book a place with us and attend The Speyside Golf Festival, we need to collect your personal information so that we can honour your booking and enable you to participate in the The Speyside Golf Festival.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect, then this may affect our ability to book your place.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
To process our competitor personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- promote and encourage participation in the Speyside Golf Festival by sending competitor communications and booking information for upcoming events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we use for promotional, purposes.
- To provide competitions in golf by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered into the correct category. (eg Ladies/Gentlemen)
- To publish the results of our competitions on our website. This includes competitors’ name, Club, etc.
- To invite competitors to participate in surveys for researching and development purposes.
- To send email communications to competitors to inform you of events and visitor attraction opportunities within the Speyside Golf Experience.
- To respond to and communicate with competitors regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to the Golf Festival. We will use your personal information to investigate your complaint and take whatever appropriate action deemed necessary.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us on email@example.com.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is encrypted and stored on our electronic filing system on servers operated by Godaddy Inc. and are accessed by our Golf Festival organisers for the purposes set out above.
How long we keep your personal information
Competitor personal data
We keep our competitor’s personal information for 2 years following the end date of the current Golf Festival.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
- if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
- you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
- if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by the Speyside Golf Experience will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk