The entry fee has been held at £150 for yet another year, great value for money:
Monday, 7th September - Boat of Garten Golf Club
Tuesday, 8th September - Grantown-on-Spey Golf Club
Wednesday, 9th September - Moray Golf Club, Old Course
Thursday, 10th September - Forres Golf Club
Friday, 11th September - Elgin Golf Club
Registration will open at 5pm on Friday, 6th September 2019, please return then.
Reports of all the previous years' competitions can be found in our Festival News section.
Please contact Steve Crane at email@example.com or 07977 465 933 for further information.
All players will receive a complimentary Titleist ProV1 and a miniature of Single Malt Scotch Whisky at the Boat of Garten before teeing off.
Gordon & MacPhail (the World’s Leading Malt Whisky Specialist) will be pleased to arrange VIP visits to Benromach distillery in Forres; as will Johnstons of Elgin, of their world-famous Cashmere Visitor Centre - both a ‘must do’ when visiting Speyside.
Following the final round, there will be a free buffet. Prize-giving for daily and overall winners will take place along with a free raffle for those attending.
At each course there are two excellent prizes for both ladies and gents to be competed for on a daily basis, with an extensive prize fund of golfing gifts and quality products from Speyside.
The overall winner receives a quaich to retain, a voucher for £150 and a 70cl bottle of Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Vouchers ranging from £100 to £30 are also presented to those coming 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th over the week’s play.
Play at each of these splendid courses is averaging out at £30 per round and we believe this represents exceptional value for a great golf week. We look forward to meeting old friends and hopefully many new faces in 2020.
Terms & Conditions
1. Age - Players must be 18 years and older.
2. Handicap - The maximum permitted handicap for competitors is 28 for men and 36 for ladies. All must be members of a recognized golf club, or affiliated to their country’s governing body, and must present a current & active handicap certificate from their club on arrival (in accordance with CONGU Handicapping System).
3. Format - Play for both Ladies & Gents will be in 3-ball. The main competition is an aggregate Stableford, best 4 out of 5 scores, for the overall competition but there will also be daily competitions for both Ladies and Gentlemen.
4. Tee Times - Although not always possible, every attempt will be made to allocate your Preferred Tee Times.
5. Entry Fees - £150 per person.
6. Motorized buggies are permitted - Any golfer requiring a buggy should contact the clubs direct.
7. Cancellations - Made by 1st May 2020 will be given a full refund, by 1st August 2020 will be given a 50% refund, and after this date no refund can be given.
8. Prizes - Prize-winners daily and overall must attend the prize-giving on the final night of the tournament to receive their prize, as prizes cannot be sent on.
9. GPS measuring devices are permitted
10. The decision of the Tournament Committee will be final.
11. Registration will only become active on receipt of full payment.
Keep up-todate wirh latest Speyside Golf Festival news, click here to read the May edition of our Newsletter.
As part of our charitable support from the Speyside Golf Experience, we are providing, on behalf of our partners, a unique auction item for Doddie Weir’s MND Charity. This will be auctioned during their cycle trip up the A9 next month.
The auction item includes 2 player participation in this year’s Speyside Golf Festival, plus executive tours around Johnston’s of Elgin and Benromach Distillery, plus 6 nights’ accommodation at the Knockomie Hotel.
This item should generate significant funds for a worthwhile cause which we are delighted to support.
For details of the event, and where you can join the route, see https://doddie5-ride.co.uk/the-great-rugby-cycle; don’t forget to visit https://www.myname5doddie.co.uk/ to read all about the My Name’5 Doddie Foundation.
As a celebration of many years’ effort on behalf of SGWT and the golf festival, our Chairman, James Macpherson, was treated to luncheon at Elgin Golf Club, and presented with a fitting memento – Benromach 35 year-old single malt whisky.
Chairman Designate, Bob Cunnigham presenting James with his 'gift of appreciation'.
“Some 10 years ago David Urquhart stood down as Chairman of the group and we were tasked with finding a new Chairman. To my mind only one person fitted the bill, James Macpherson. With his knowledge of the whisky industry and golf he was the obvious replacement. James agreed and with his usual enthusiasm he took the chair.
“I have no doubt that without James leadership and enthusiasm the organisation would not be where it is today.
“James contributed greatly to the success of the golf festival. From the meet and greet on Day 1 of the festival to his star performances at Prize Giving.
“James the group will miss you and no doubt so will the golfers who return year after year.”
Steve Crane, Festival Director